Instagram for Business - Connecting you to your target audience.
With over 1 million users in just two months and over 150 million users currently this free photo sharing platform is capturing moments across the world. Increase your business' visibility and connect with your target audience. Start your free Instagram account at www.instagram.com.
After creating your account be sure to follow other businesses and get comfortable with the platform. You should also subscribe to the Instagram for Business Blog for inspiration. http://business.instagram.com/blog/ Remember that people (your target audience) needs to connect with your business. Don't take a few photos of your products and think that's it. You should be creative with your images. Here are a few tips to get you started.
- Create your profile by completing all of the fields offered. Use your keywords, mission, profile images, etc.
- Use the Instagram tools, like filters, hashtags and your keywords. Add a description to capture attention. (content, content, content)
- Show your team and the people behind your business. (Have an office pet or mascot? Photo often if so - furry friends are popular)
- Share some history. How was it made? What inspired you? How did your business evolve? Thank those who inspired.
- You don't need a professional photographer to showcase your products. Share images of your product in use. Perhaps share results or benefits from using your product or service.
- Share any community events, sponsorships and other activities your team/company participates in.
- Follow trends and participate.
- Cross promote your Instagram across other platforms.
- Embed your Instagram photos into your website.
- Respond to comments.
The team at We are Social Media put together a terrific infograph timeline of the history of Instagram.